Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hot, hot, hot

My wife is also busy getting fit, so she went for a bike ride first thing this morning. That pushed my run back to 8am to 9, by which stage it was about 30 degrees. Centigrade. I'd also forgotten quite how steep the route I had decided to run was. I ran up the track to Hout Bay's shipwreck, which is past where we used to live. As I puffed up the road, it occurred to me that I always had to put the car in first gear to get up. Then I'd forgotten how rocky the path is, and since I was last there, the wind has put a dune across it as well. Not a hugely successful route. By the time I did the downhill return I was finished. It took me about half an hour to stop sweating.

I was forced to go and relax at Newlands all day. Poor day for England, but after my experience this morning, I know how their bowlers feel. It was hot enough sitting and watching, let alone running around in the sun!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment