Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy new year

So now I have run on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Funnily enough, it was easier getting people to run off their hangover than it was to exercise pre turkey. I'm feeling pretty stiff, having run 4 days in a row, but I also feel strong. It's really encouraging to see the progress I am making. Perhaps when I lay off the booze and pies a bit after Christmas, I may even get slimmer. I certainly hope so. At the moment I'm keeping consumption and expenditure of calories about equal.

My temporary running partner goes home tomorrow, so I may be back to me and the iPod for a few weeks. I'm planning to spend some time at Newlands in the five days from Sunday, so I'm going to have to get out early so I can get there in time. Having watched England lose to South Africa at Newlands (I think) every time I've seen them, my expectations are low, but it's always a great place to spend some time.

In the meantime, I'm a bit worried about the craving I get for running, and about the fact that it's becoming one of my main topics of conversation. I may be in trouble here.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment