Sunday, April 4, 2010

Holi-holiday

I'm on holiday! Down the garden route with the family for 10 days or so. The thing is, the holiday atmosphere and the spartan, driven, hard core running thing don't really mix. I always find myself collapsing into a holiday, and discover that as soon as my body gets a chance it wants to rest all day. Running a lot doesn't help. I managed two 12km runs in the week, but getting my trainers on and getting out there took more self inflicted arse kicking than it normally does. This morning I was going to do about 25km or so, but we all overslept, and that plan has now turned into 30-35km tomorrow morning. That's probably a better option - I need to feel that I've done one more long run before the day, and this is the last chance I've got.

I had a chat with a friend who ran the Two Oceans yesterday, and he agreed that since we are both natural athletes (!), we probably need less training than most people. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. So: 30-something tomorrow, then a couple of days off, then some runs on the beach. Hopefully.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment