Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Next Big Thing

I must be mad. I have just entered the Hout Bay Trail Challenge. It takes place in the middle of the Cape winter around the mountains of Hout Bay. Reading a bit about it (after entering, cos I'm clever like that), I found the following:


"... is considered unequivocally the most technically difficult of all trail races in the Cape. The route is exceptionally challenging, and incorporates the mountains surrounding Hout Bay."

It starts and finishes at the Yacht Club at the harbour, from where you go up to the mast on Klein Leeukop, down to Suikerbossie, up to the reservoirs on the back of Table Mountain, down to Constantia Nek, up to the Vlakkenberg, and down to the cannon, along the beach and home. It's about 36km, and I'd be chuffed to do it under 6 hours. There's an individual version, or you can do it as a relay team of 3. Guess which one I've chosen?

It's good to have new challenges to look forward to. Now back to training for the marathon...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment